Snurfle Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person) and may include:
- Your personal details such as your name, address, email, phone number and job title;
- Your employment details, including your job title and your employer’s name;
- Financial details including your credit card details and your credit ratings;
- What products or services you have enquired about or purchased from us;
- Information from surveys or forms you complete on our website; and
- Information you have given us in providing you with support.
Where do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. phone call or email), when you buy our products, or when you use our website or our software providers; and
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide products to you;
- to market our products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose). You may unsubscribe from marketing materials we send to you;
- to improve our website and the products that we provide to you;
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including answering your enquiries and addressing any complaints;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Who can we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, we may disclose your personal information to:
- another related company within our group;
- any business that supports our products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other products;
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Please email us at email@example.com to do that. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you send us your personal information on our website’s message or chat function, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Feedback and Complaints
We welcome your feedback on our products. If you have a complaint about our products or services please tell us. We will respond to your complaints promptly and fairly.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy on to our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated 9 July 2020.